PhD Day - Call for the PhD Students’ Day Proposals
» Call for abstracts open on May 22nd
Closing day on September 30th 2019
This is an invitation to PhD students to present their study with other PhD peers. This is a special day created for PhD students and early career researchers.
In the PhD Students’ Day, special attention will be given to the PhD thesis, focusing on the different phases of doctoral research. There will be spaces/times for dialogues, presentations, posters, and debates, including the participation of Senior Researchers that will discuss parts of PhD students’ work and provide some suggestions. For instance, the opportunity of discussing data analysis will be given to doctoral students who have already collected their empirical data. There are also parallel sessions, in small groups.
PhD students can submit a proposal for ISCAR CONGRESS and the PhD Students’ Day. These two proposals must have to be different. You cannot submit the same abstract to the congress and the PhD day.
INFORMATION for SUBMISSIONS to the PhD Students’ Day
PhD students are invited to send proposals that correspond to one of the congress topics.
A proposal may be submitted for:
- Dialogue PAPER that corresponds to one of the following topics:
- research participation through a cultural historical research paradigm,
- cultural-historical approaches to methodology,
- analysis through a cultural-historical lens,
- publishing: from thesis to journals.
PhD students will be invited to discuss aspects of their thesis in relation to these topics.
All accepted papers will be grouped in coordinated paper sessions, assigned to a discussant chair committee.
Each session is scheduled for two hours. Three papers presentations will be grouped (15 minutes for each presentation) followed by 45 minutes of plenary discussion. Other PhD students are invited to participate in discussion.
- POSTER The submission should correspond to the Congress (sub) themes and related to the author’s PhD study.
All accepted posters will be grouped in sessions by themes (each session will contain 6-8 posters and will be conducted by a chair for a plenary discussion; posters will be displayed earlier in order to be read before the parallel discussions).
Proposal submission needs two documents: first document with dialogue paper abstract or poster abstract and second document with motivation and questions.
1.1) Dialogue paper: Abstract that correspond to one of the four topics, related to your PdD research, according to the following standards: up to 2000 characters (with spaces), Times New Roman 12 font, single spacing, justified. Title in upper case, followed by the author, affiliation, e-mail and indication that it is a dialogue paper with the correspondent topic. Three keywords must be indicated. The abstract should be sent in .doc or .docx. Please, download the template here.
1.2) Poster: Abstract related with one of the thirteen sub(themes) of ISCAR 2020 and to your PhD study, according to the following standards: up to 300 words. Times New Roman 12 font, single spacing, justified. Title in upper case, followed by the author, affiliation, e-mail and indication that it is a poster with the correspondent subtheme. Three keywords must be indicated. The abstract should be sent in .doc or .docx. Please, download the template here.
2) Supplementary document describing the motivation and questions for the PhD Day. It should be a document that introduces the author (place of residence, university, research supervisor, title of dissertation and year of study, place of work and any other relevant information) and explain the motivation and interests for taking part in the PhD Day. The document must include shared questions that the author would like to discuss at the PhD Day. Supplementary document should be sent in .doc or .docx. Please, download the template here.
The supplementary document has the same structure for dialogue paper and for poster.
- Only PhD students can submit a proposal
- Proposal for the PhD Day must be submitted with one author.
- Proposal must be submitted in English.
- The registration fee for PhD Day is independent from the registration for the Main Congress.
The Organizing Committee might suggest PhD students to turn a poster into a dialogue paper or viceversa. The Phd students will receive a letter of acceptance.